Finance Associate at Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation in Uganda.
Position: Finance Associate
Deadline: 25th July
To ensure effective budgeting processes, budget monitoring and smooth running of the Accounts Receivables function as well as reporting in line with Baylor Uganda policy and specific donor requirements.
1. Monitor & update the Budget monitoring module with respective budget holders and proactive prevention of further variances by providing advice of best course of action.
2. Review & reconcile on a bi-monthly basis a transaction listing of project expenses per donor with each budget holder and ensure correct cost allocations.
3. Prepare accurate & complete donor periodic financial reports based on donor funding reporting requirements.
4. Prepare a consolidated forex fluctuation analysis for all foreign denominated projects for Management’ review and decision making.
5. Timely invoicing for all due income especially for cost-reimbursable.
6. Review incoming project requisitions and supporting documents to ensure compliance with all donor requirements and proper cost allocation as per approved budgets.
7. Review of LPOs and Payment vouchers,
8. Posting of PVs and JVs and other support that may be required from time to time.
Required Qualification, Experience and Competencies:
· A Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce, Accounting or Finance
· Minimum of Level 2 qualification to ACCA or CPA (U)
· 3 years’ working experience in the Finance department of a reputable Non-Governmental Organization.
· Knowledge of Finance & Accounting packages like Navision.
· Must be dynamic, persuasive, self-motivated and able to demonstrate high initiative.
Must demonstrate other key competences like Team work, communication skills, analytical skills, networking and partnership skills.
Note: Due to urgency to fill these positions, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and we reserve to close this advert before the confirmed closing date when we are in receipt of sufficient applications
- 3 Years Relevant Experience
Applications should include a cover letter, CV, daytime telephone contact, three traceable professional references and certified UNEB certificates as well as certified University Transcripts
You must have at least a credit 6 in MATHEMATICS and ENGLISH at Ordinary Level (UCE). Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.