Sub Grants Manager at JCRC, Kampala, Uganda.
Job Title: Sub Grants Manager
Department: Finance & Adminstration
Reports to: Director Finance & Adminstration
Duty Station: JCRC Headquarters in Lubowa.
The Sub Grants Manager will be responsible for the financial and sub-contract management of grants from the funds received under the project. S/he is responsible for grant monitoring and capacity building of recipients including internal control procedures, ensuring compliance with Cooperative Agreement and Sub-agreement(s) terms and conditions, Joint Clinical Research Centre policies & procedures, and JASSEN rules, regulations & cost principles. S/he will oversee & ensure effective administration of sub-grants to enhance accomplishments of project’s activities and deliverables.
• Work with grantees to prepare and complete their cost proposals during the application process to ensure compliance with JASSEN and JCRC financial rules and regulations.
• Maintain well-organized and updated files and records on each sub-grantee for all the 8 sites across the region.
• Routinely monitor and review sub-grantees progress in meeting targets/ deliverables and providing documentation of expenditures in line with sub-grant requirements
• Review activities reports from sub grantees to ensure compliance.
• Facilitate timely release of sub-grantees funding and reimbursement for all the eight (8) sites.
• Analyze the monthly financial reports of each grant, including: Checking the supporting documentation of each grant report (invoices, receipts, quotations, etc.);
• Providing and reconciling grants bank statements for each monthly/quarterly report;
• Verifying that monthly spending and cumulative spending is consistent with the approved budget for each grant; and confirming that the counterpart report complies with the general budget of the project.
• Support improvement of sub-grantees financial capacity through regular coaching/monitoring.
• Follow up and review of sub-grantee accountabilities and reports for direct site support activities.
• Draft periodic reports for the Director Finance & Administration and provide recommendations to improve grant performance.
• Provide accounting and finance support to grants through site visits and scheduled meetings; visit field sites on a regular basis to monitor financial-related activities.
• Develop and manage a database (physical and electronic files) to maintain information on the selection process, contracts, contract modifications and reports for all grants.
• Provide regular feedback to the Director Finance and Administration, Project Leader, and the Chief investigator (PI) on sub-grantee progress.
• Update and maintain the project tracker for sub-grantee progress monthly.
• Develops materials and provides training and oversight to facilitate the preparation of reports
• Participate in internal audits and reviews, as required, to ensure compliance with JCRC standards, donor requirements, and generally accepted accounting practices
• Stay abreast of donor policies, procedures, rules and regulations; compile and update applicable local policies; and train JCRC program and partner staff in these policies
• Responsible for grant monitoring and capacity building of recipients in the following areas wherever applicable:
o Internal control procedures;
o Allowable costs/cost principles under USAID regulations;
o Cash management systems;
o Equipment and Real Property Management;
o Period of availability of funds;
o Procurement standards;
o Program Income;
• Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications and experience:
• Master’s Degree in Business, Management, Finance, Administration, or other related field.
• At least 5 years of relevant experience managing the financial and administrative components of grants, sub grants, preferably in donor-funded programs in the health sector.
• Experience with sub granting in a Research settings will be an added advantage
• Specific experience with working with a research coordination Centre will be an advantage
• Excellent interpersonal communications, and organizational skills.
• Ability to independently plan and execute complex tasks while addressing daily management details and remaining organized and focused on long-term deadlines and strategy.
All applications must be addressed to:
• Manager Human Resource & Development at Joint Clinical Research Centre, Plot 101 Lubowa Campus off Entebbe Road, P.O Box 10005, Kampala-Uganda. Email: email@example.com: The application deadline is Friday 30th July, 2021.
• Strictly two documents combined in one PDF are required (Application letter and CV not exceeding 6 pages).
Note: JCRC is an equal opportunity employer. Any attempts of influencing the recruitment process will lead to automatic disqualification.