Head Data- Job Position at JCRC Kampala, Uganda.
Job Title: Head Data
Reports to: Head Research
Directly Supervises: Records Officers and Data Officers.
Station: JCRC Headquarters in Lubowa.
The Head Data is responsible for the integrity, timely input and completeness of JCRC research data. S/he also resolves queries and ensures that timely and accurate project reports are produced.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Resolve and respond to data queries as a measure of cleaning data by updating the database on a regular basis to ensure clean data storage
2. Supervise data entrants and provide feedback and evaluation as per JCRC guidelines.
3. Perform daily backups to ensure safety storage of data.
4. Perform data extractions and analysis for M&E quarterly reports and other reports as well as upcoming research study preparations.
5. Provide training to new database users.
6. Trouble shoot, install and maintain various databases.
7. Develop and oversees implementation of appropriate standards, policies and procedures for data management to ensure validity and integrity at all levels both at head office and all RCEs.
8. Participate in the development of appropriate data collection tools, data capture and validation templates, and databases in line with JCRC data and information needs.
9. Oversee the development and implementation of JCRC wide data warehouse in line with JCRC wide data and information needs.
10. Oversee the development and implementation of JCRC virtual library and information systems.
11. Participate in the development of research protocols (statistical methodology).
12. Ensure that all data generated is accurate, timely, consistent and valid in line with all Research Protocols and in supporting JCRC management decision making.
13. Participate in the planning and filling of staffing needs and setting up of performance standards for all staff engaged in data processes in all JCRC.
14. Guide relevant staff of JCRC and collaborators in the analysis, interpretation and presentation of JCRC data / information in line with specific needs.
15. Any other duties as may be assigned to you from time to time.
Qualifications and experience:
1. Masters of Bio-Statistics or a Masters of Statistics from a recognised institution.
2. At least 5 years progressive experience managing data preferably in a medical research-based institution.
3. Must have advanced computer skills, particularly spreadsheets & data bases.
4. Must have excellent communication skills, both oral and writing skills.
All applications must be addressed to:
• Manager Human Resource & Development at Joint Clinical Research Centre, Plot 101 Lubowa Campus off Entebbe Road, P.O Box 10005, Kampala-Uganda. Email: email@example.com: The application deadline is Friday 30th July, 2021.
• Strictly two documents combined in one PDF are required (Application letter and CV not exceeding 6 pages).
Note: JCRC is an equal opportunity employer. Any attempts of influencing the recruitment process will lead to automatic disqualification.