Head of Psychosocial Support at JCRC Kampala, Uganda.
Job Title: Head of Psychosocial Support
Department: Psychosocial Department
Reports to: Director Clinical Services
Directly Supervises: Psychosocial department Staff
Station: JCRC Headquarters in Lubowa.
The Head of Psychosocial Support is responsible for supervising counsellors, home visitors and adherence counsellors and make sure that JCRC Clients get quality care as well as providing counselling services to the general clinic clients (Adult and Paediatric Clinic). S/he shall take a lead in recruitment and retaining of research study participants.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Take part in the budgeting process for the department and new studies
2. Liaise and collaborate with partners in recruitment of study patients.
3. Initiate and strengthen linkages to leverage resources for psychosocial services.
4. Supervise counsellors and Home Visitors.
5. Monitor the quality of counselling which JCRC client receive.
6. Maintain confidentiality of JCRC clients.
7. Recruit clients on JCRC studies and retention
8. Provide counselling services to JCRC clients under different studies
9. Provide counselling services to terminally ill patients
10. Develop standard operating procedures for JCRC counselling services
11. Design data collection tools and evaluate them
12. Provide mentoring services to students who come for practicum.
13. Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by your supervisor.
Qualifications and experience:
1. A Degree on Guidance and Counselling. Masters in the same field will be an added advantage.
2. At least 10 years working experience preferably in an HIV/AIDS setting.
3. Experience and knowledge in HIV/AIDs research.
4. Ability to demonstrate Leadership and supervisory skills.
5. A membership of the counselling association of Uganda
All applications must be addressed to:
• Manager Human Resource & Development at Joint Clinical Research Centre, Plot 101 Lubowa Campus off Entebbe Road, P.O Box 10005, Kampala-Uganda. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org: The application deadline is Friday 30th July, 2021.
• Strictly two documents combined in one PDF are required (Application letter and CV not exceeding 6 pages).
Note: JCRC is an equal opportunity employer. Any attempts of influencing the recruitment process will lead to automatic disqualification.