Prevention Manager at Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation in Uganda.
Location: Fort Portal Regional Office
Deadline: 25th July
Responsible for managing the portfolio of HIV Prevention interventions including HIV testing services (HTS), combination of biomedical, Behavioural and Structural HIV prevention interventions whilst targeting key and priority populations at risk of HIV.
1. Provide strategic direction for HIV Prevention program design, planning and implementation within Baylor-Uganda programs.
2. Develop, review and manage HIV prevention program work plans and budgets.
3. Build capacity of Project staff and districts in HTS and HIV prevention programming including Gender Integration through training and mentorship.
4. Coordinate and monitor progress of implementation of HTS and all HIV prevention interventions including Gender integration whilst targeting key populations and priority populations.
5. Prepare and avail timely HIV Prevention program reports.
6. Closely work with Business development Unit to develop fundable grant proposals
7. Closely work with Research department to provide oversight in the execution of operational research for HIV Prevention.
8. Develop and maintain effective corporate, government, and community partnerships or relations that enhance impactful HIV prevention program.9. Provide leadership to the HIV Prevention Program team to ensure timely recruitment, their retention and performance through timely performance appraisal, coaching and professional development.
Required Qualification, Experience and Competencies:
A Masters in Public Health
Bachelor Degree in Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery, Registered with the Uganda Medical and Dental Practitioners Council
5 years of relevant working experience preferably in health development with a reputable international NGO, and direct experience with government and donor representatives.
3 years of experience in managing prevention programs/projects and must have solid working knowledge (practical skills) in the following areas: HIV care and treatment, HIV testing services (HTS), Voluntary Medical Male Circumcisions (VMMC), and elimination of mother to child transmission (eMTCT).
Note: Due to urgency to fill these positions, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and we reserve to close this advert before the confirmed closing date when we are in receipt of sufficient applications.
- 8 Years Relevant Experience
Applications should include a cover letter, CV, daytime telephone contact, three traceable professional references and certified UNEB certificates as well as certified University Transcripts
You must have at least a credit 6 in MATHEMATICS and ENGLISH at Ordinary Level (UCE). Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.