Young Accountability Advocates (16 paid volunteers needed) at Restless Development Uganda
Young Accountability Advocates (16 volunteers needed)[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Nonprofit, and NGO , Category: Management ]
Jobs at: Restless Development Uganda
Deadline of this Job:
31 July 2021
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, July 21, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
About Restless Development.
We know young people have the power to solve the challenges we face in our world, but they are being sidelined. We are the agency that works with young people so they can lead in solving those challenges. Whether that means supporting communities to end child marriage or prevent HIV, we work with young people to change their lives and the lives of people in their communities. Our programmes are genuinely life-changing, but we can’t do any of this without talented, creative individuals at every level of our organisation.
About the Role.
In partnership with the Ford Foundation, Restless Development Uganda, is implementing a two year project called the Countering Corruption through Youth-led Budget Advocacy (CCYBA) project. The initiative sets out to strengthen Youth-led Monitoring and Advocacy for transparent Governance in Uganda and East Africa. The project will be implemented in Eastern Uganda- Buyende, Bugiri, Kaliro and Bugweri districts- with key National level engagements in Kampala and Regional engagements across East Africa. In line with our commitment to generating leaders, we are looking for 16 passionate young people to volunteer with us as Young Accountability Advocates (YAA) and will take leadership on the project at the local government and national level.
This is a voluntary position but a monthly stipend of 150,000 UGX (inclusive of NSSF contribution) will be paid for the whole upon satisfactory accomplishment of assigned tasks.
• Be available to actively participate in scheduled trainings (to be delivered virtually including the Foundation Training on Budget Advocacy, monitoring, tracking and Community Engagement
• Mobilise young people and community groups to participate in budget awareness workshops
• Conduct Radio talk shows on budget literacy
• Mobilise young people to meaningfully participate in district and sub-county budget conferences
• Analyse district and sub-county budget priorities to ascertain whether young people’s priorities are catered for, including analysing budget uptake/utilisation
• Hold duty bearers accountable for the implementation of of district and sub-county budget priorities
• Participate in National Budget Review workshops organised by Restless Development and partners
• Adhere to Restless Development’s policies and code of conduct especially our commitment to SAFEGUARDING POLICY
• Demonstrate the personal qualities consistent with our values
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Please send a completed application form to email@example.com by Saturday 31 July 2021 Midnight.