VMMC Coordinator at Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation in Uganda.
Location: Fort Portal Regional Office
Deadline: 25th July
Coordinate and monitor the implementation of Voluntary Medical Male Circumcision (VMMC) for HIV combination prevention.
1. Develop and periodically review implementation & procurement plans for VMMC and related budgets.
2. Coordinate the implementation of VMMC and monitor performance against the set targets.
3. Initiate and monitor the procurement, distribution and utilization of all VMMC supplies including IEC materials in line with the organizational procurement policy.
4. Build capacity and provide technical assistance to program officers, districts and other community stakeholders to deliver VMMC and other combination prevention interventions through training and mentorship.
5. Implement and maintain VMMC quality assurance & control systems in implementing health facilities and districts that ensures delivery of a comprehensive VMMC package in alignment with the national guidelines.
6. Prepare and avail timely periodic performance progress reports on VMMC service delivery.
7. Provide leadership to the VMMC team that ensures timely staff recruitment, their retention and performance through timely performance appraisal, coaching and professional development in line with the organizational policy.
8. Develop and maintain effective corporate, government, and community partnerships and strengthen the community engagement including Health facility-community linkages to create demand for VMMC and other combination HIV Prevention interventions.
9. Participate in operational research, fundable grant proposal and abstract writing to ensure program continuity and visibility.
Required Qualification, Experience and Competencies:
· A post graduate qualification in Public health or related field
· Bachelor of medicine and Bachelor of surgery (MBCHB) or its equivalent from a recognized institution and must be registered with to practice in Uganda.
· 3 years of experience in managing or coordinating health programs; working with a reputable NGO; and working with government entities and district led TA programs.
· Have Key personal competences in Team and communication skills, Must be dynamic, Persuasive &convincing, self- motivated and able to demonstrate high initiative.
Note: Due to urgency to fill these positions, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and we reserve to close this advert before the confirmed closing date when we are in receipt of sufficient applications.
- 3 Years Relevant Experience
Applications should include a cover letter, CV, daytime telephone contact, three traceable professional references and certified UNEB certificates as well as certified University Transcripts
You must have at least a credit 6 in MATHEMATICS and ENGLISH at Ordinary Level (UCE). Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.