IPC Officer at Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation in Uganda.
Position: IPC Officer
Deadline: 25th July
The IPC officer will be responsible for coordination of Infection Prevention and Control (IPC) activities in Bunyoro region, including the development, implementation, and evaluation of the regional/District IPC Programme. The officer will work directly with the district IPC focal persons and the district health team to ensure implementation of IPC measures at the facility and the district.
· Develop and monitor implementation of the annual and quarterly IPC workplan plan.
· Oversee the district implementation of the National IPC policy, strategy, procedures, SOPs, and IPC training curricula.
· Coordinate with other district partners to ensure that IPC activities are coordinated among the different stakeholders.
· Advise on the quality and quantity of IPC supplies for the supported health facilities.
· Evaluate progress of IPC implementation activities at district and facility level including supporting the assessment visits to health facilities as per national guidelines.
· Coordinate and ensure Continuous IPC mentorship of Health care workers/lay workers/VHT.
· Monitor and Ensure improvement in the implementation of IPC standards at facilities including triage, social distancing, waste management, etc.
· Ensure facility IPC Focal Persons and facility healthcare staff are adequately trained in IPC and ensure that knowledge and practice gaps are addressed.
· Review reports and action plans submitted by facility IPC Focal Persons.
· Generate district/regional IPC progress reports and presents findings to the ACE-Bunyoro IPC committee/lead.
· Ensure timely submission of all required IPC reports.
· Ensure facilities have updated IPC documents and guidelines.
· Ensure coordination, supervision/mentorship of IPC activities by the district IPC committees.
· Ensure the integration of quality improvement into IPC implementation at facility and district levels.
· Work closely with the MOH, Hoima RRH and above site partners in overseeing and standardizing IPC implementation, IPC mentorship, reporting and IPC QI activities.
Required Qualification, Experience and Competencies:
· Diploma in Clinical Medicine and Community health; a Bachelors’ degree in Public Health will be an added advantage.
· Prior training in IPC/or COVID19 management.
· At least 1 years’ experience as an IPC or COVID19 trainer/facilitator for nationally recognized training or experience as a member of an IPC committee will be an added advantage.
Note: Due to urgency to fill these positions, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and we reserve to close this advert before the confirmed closing date when we are in receipt of sufficient applications.
- 1 Years Relevant Experience
Applications should include a cover letter, CV, daytime telephone contact, three traceable professional references and certified UNEB certificates as well as certified University Transcripts
You must have at least a credit 6 in MATHEMATICS and ENGLISH at Ordinary Level (UCE). Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.