VMMC QA Officer at Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation in Uganda.
VMMC QA Officer
Deadline: 25th July
The VMMC Quality Assurance Officer will be the technical leader of VMMC teams in the supported districts. He /She will ensure compliance to VMMC quality standards; monitor VMMC data recording and reporting; supervise VMMC service delivery and support VMMC supplies and equipment management.
1. Ensure documentation of all surgical and follow-up procedures
2. Ensure that circumcisions are carried out safely in accordance with agreed policies.
3. Establish and implement a system to ensure technical quality of VMMC project activities
4. Provide technical guidance on management of AEs including documentation and reporting.
5. Provide mentoring and capacity building to facility and cluster staff in specific areas of expertise in VMMC and quality assurance
6. Support the formulation of innovative approaches for scale up of targeted in VMMC services
7. Work with health care providers, local authorities, community members and project team members to identify clinical service delivery issues that impede access to care and uptake of VMMC services
8. Identify and implement appropriate facility-and community-based strategies to address VMMC service delivery gaps
9. Identify training needs for clinical and community healthcare providers and assist in the design and implementation of measures to address those needs.
10. Work with M&E staff to design, implement a plan to track data/results related to VMMC to inform adjustments in project implementation
11. Document lessons learned and challenges in implementation as well as reports of VMMC project activities and results to the project and donor, including routine quarterly and annual reports and other reporting requirements as requested
12. Document and maintain an inventory of successful tools and approaches for VMMC including QI projects.
Required Qualification, Experience and Competencies:
- Diploma in Clinical Medicine and Community Health or equivalent.
- Must be registered with the Allied Health professionals’ Council
- Formal skills training in SMC surgical (dorsal slit) method of circumcision.
- Formal training in Shangring device method of circumcision is an added advantage.
- At least 3 years’ experience in providing VMMC services
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to ride with ridding licence is an added advantage
- Must be willing to work in rural settings
Note: Due to urgency to fill these positions, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and we reserve to close this advert before the confirmed closing date when we are in receipt of sufficient applications.
- 3 Years Relevant Experience
Applications should include a cover letter, CV, daytime telephone contact, three traceable professional references and certified UNEB certificates as well as certified University Transcripts
You must have at least a credit 6 in MATHEMATICS and ENGLISH at Ordinary Level (UCE). Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.